We take the privacy and security of our borrowers and lenders very seriously.
To register for a loan with us or become a lender with us you must be 18 years of age or older.
- Your Consent
- Collecting your Information
- Use of your Information
- CRAs (Credit Reference Agencies)
- Contact from Sandy Instalment Loans and third parties
- Third party links
We place cookies or similar technologies on the machine you use to visit our site and/or you use to make an application. This is primarily to make it easier for you to access and navigate the website. By continuing to use our website, you are giving your consent to do this. More information about cookies is set out below.
Further, you consent to us sharing your data with carefully selected third parties who may contact you via electronic means (including SMS and email) about unspecified products and services.
This information does not identify any individual. We may also obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer, which again does not identify any individual. This information is sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server that enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. For more information about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Cookies enable us to improve our service to you, estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences and recognise you when you return to our site.
We recognise the need for appropriate protection and management of the personal and financial information you share with us and believe that our systems meet and exceed industry standards. We protect that information using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology. We store data in encrypted form on computers and control access via secure web pages. We use firewalls and other security packages to protect us from external attack.
We also test our systems to make sure they meet these expected standards.
Collecting Your Information
We collect information about you in two ways – directly from your online application – the personal and financial information you submit and also from outside sources such as credit bureaus and customer service providers.
In addition, we may collect information about your computer including, your IP address, operating system and browser type – for system administration and to report information to our advertisers and selected partners.
Use of Your Information
We may sell or share the information you submit with third parties involved in the process of providing the services you request, such as lenders, credit bureaus, customer service providers and collection agencies. We have trusted relationships with these carefully selected third parties who perform services on our behalf. All service providers are bound by contract to maintain the security of your personal information.
Under the Data Protection Act, we are classed as the data controller and may use data that identifies you (“your personal data”) for: statistical analysis; to develop and improve our products; to update your records; to identify which of our, or others’ products might interest you; to assess lending and insurance risks; to identify, prevent, detect or tackle fraud, money laundering and other crime; to carry out regulatory checks; keeping you informed about your loan and for market research.
We will keep your personal data confidential and only give it to others for the purposes explained. In particular:-
- To our agents and subcontractors, acting for us, to use for the purpose of operating our lending business and obtaining payment;
- To share information via an organisation which provides a centralised application matching service which it collects from and about credit applications, for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud;
- To reputable, licensed credit brokers in the event that you apply to borrow money via http://www.sandy-instalment-loans.co.uk/, your application is declined or the loan monies are otherwise unavailable and we reasonably believe that a credit broker may be able to help you obtain a loan.
- When you apply to us for a loan, we will check the following records about you (and others where applicable) against
1. Our own;
2. Those at Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs);
3. Those at Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPAs).
- If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies.
- Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
- We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
- Recovering Debt
- Checking details on proposals and claim for all types of insurance
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
- Please contact us at Sandy Instalment Loans, DJS House, The Riverside Suite, Knapp Mill, Mill Road, Christchurch, BH23 2JY if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies.
- We and other organisations may access and use, from other countries, the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
Please note that we have the ability to retain your contact details should you input them on our website using VeCapture by Ve Interactive, even if you do not complete your application by clicking submit. Such contact details may be used to contact you to assist with your application.
Credit Reference Agencies – CRAs
When CRAs receive a search, they place a ‘search’ footprint on your credit file which can be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
We will make checks while assessing your application for credit and verifying your identity to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us.
Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them.
Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your loan account and how you manage it to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt and, in some cases, the length of time that the debt remains outstanding. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
If you are making a joint application, we will link your records together so you must make sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and they will remain on your files until such time as you or your partner files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
If you start an application, but the application is not completed, we will retain your data for no more than 90 days to give you the opportunity to proceed with your application during that period.
our data may also be used when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to access certain personal records we, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies hold about you. This is called a ‘subject access request’, or SAR which you can make by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. A fee may be payable, but we will not charge you until we have told you how much the fee is and what it is for, and you have told us you still want to proceed.
If you give us false or inaccurate information and we have reasonable grounds to suspect fraud or we identify fraud we will pass this information to fraud prevention agencies and it may also be passed onto other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention, including CIFAS.
Contact from Sandy Instalment Loans and Third Parties
As part of the application process, we ask you whether we may contact you about our products and services by telephone, post, email and SMS (or other reasonable method). If you ticked “yes” but no longer wish to receive such communications, please let us know.
If you select the box to share your information with selected third parties you agree to receive communications from those listed at the time of consent. We carry out due-diligence on each party that we work with to ensure your personal data is secure and that the communication you receive is relevant. The following communication types may be sent to you if you consent:
- unsecured loan providers, secured loan providers, short term lenders, alternative lenders, peer to peer lenders, guarantor lenders
- credit cards
- prepayment card and bank account providers
- car finance, logbook loan lenders
- insurance services such as car insurance, home and contents insurers
- debt and property possession adjusters/advisers
- compensation advisers
- debt management companies, insolvency practitioners, bankruptcy specialists
- equity release arrangers and credit reference advisers
If at any time you wish to stop receiving such contact from a third party, you will need to follow the instructions about unsubscribing provided at that time by the third party. Please note that we only partner with trusted companies who will respect your right to unsubscribe from any such marketing communications, but we will not be responsible for managing that process or any disputes.
Third Party Links
Our site may contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own terms and privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. By registering at Sandy Instalment Loans you may receive follow-up contact and offers from third party companies and, while we only work with selected partners, we are not responsible for the services or representations of third parties.
Finally, we are subject to UK data protection laws, which we comply with fully and to which we give the greatest respect. We are registered with the ICO and our reference number is ZA029756.